Account login confirmation
You've probably noticed that when you log in from a new device we now send you an email with a login confirmation code in it. This makes it even harder for someone to take over your account because they also need access to your email to get the code. Remember, never share this code with anyone, not even the Tryst team, it is only for logging in.
Don't want to have to get a code from your email? Enable MFA and you can use that to confirm your login instead of getting an email. Just like with the email code, never share this code with anyone, not even Tryst staff!
New this month
- Email login confirmation was enabled for all Tryst users.
- Improved the way we display trans information on profiles, including correcting the symbol that is used. Thanks to those who reached out to let us know this could be better!
- We've updated the new ticket form so it's easier to let us know what your enquiry is about. We'll also help you find relevant Support Centre articles that might give you an answer immediately.
We're extending our TLC donation matching program to include local abortion funds ☂️✨
In light of the recent developments concerning abortion rights in the US, we are extending out TLC donation matching program to include local abortion funds as listed on our donation matching page.
Until June 30, if you donate to any of the sex worker orgs or abortion funds listed on this page and email us through the receipt, we will credit your tryst account with the same amount in TLC (tryst ad credits).
If you know of a fund specifically organised for sex workers, please reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org so we can include them in this list.
Please note that Instagram is censoring discussion about abortion at the moment so be careful when posting. We had our post about extending the TLC donation matching program automatically pulled and our account shadow banned, and others have lost their accounts all together.
In the community
There's loads going on in the community and we want to highlight some things each month in our release notes to help bring more awareness to them. Are you involved in an event or organisation, or know of one, we should highlight? Reach out and let us know!
- 9th May 6:30pm, Julie Bindel debates Elizabeth Nolan Brown about the criminalisation of sex work at the Sheen Center in NYC. Get your tickets here
- 8th May 12-3pm, Bikini Car Wash Fundraiser for this years Denver Slutwalk: Alley behind Tracks, 3500 Walnut St, Denver, more info here.
- 9th and 10th May, Respect QLD Roundtable: Online and in person. RSVP via email@example.com
- 10th May 4:30pm -6pm AEST, Meet the new Vixen Collective team: Strictly current and former sex workers only. RSVP via shorturl.at/goEIK
- 21st May 3pm, Stand up for sex workers in Sweden: Join Red Umbrella to protest the proposal to increase criminalisation of sex worker environments
- 8th - 10th November, Scarlet Alliance National Forum: This years national forum is being held in Naarm (Melbourne), online and via local hubs. RSVP link to come.
- St James Infirmary are running a SW writers circle every Thursday from 2:00pm - 4pm PST. Invite via the "Sex Workers we love you button" found here.
- Sober Sex Workers is running a monthly Zoom meeting every second Sunday at 7pm CST. Request a meeting link via the @sobersexworkers instagram account
- Sex Worker breakfasts Wednesdays 11am -2pm Least London E1. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
In the media
- Inside the Race To Decriminalise Sex Work in Queensland and South Australia - John Buckley
- The Deep Roots of Sexual Policing in America - Sarah A. Seo
- South Australian advocates of sex work decriminalisation hopeful of legislation passing this year - Eugene Boisvert
- ‘Forced to move home’: discrimination of Queensland sex workers needs to end, say advocates - Eden Gillespie
- How Anti-Prostitution and Sex Trafficking Laws Victimize People of Color - Frances Steele
- Improving the lives of sex workers mean anti-discrimination laws must follow - Derek J. Demeri
- Four years after SESTA/FOSTA, a new bill investigates its harm - Pavithra Mohan
- All new Modern Whore is like The Godfather Part II of sex work memoirs - Radheyan Simonpillai
- This photo book documents the reality of life as full-service sex worker - Emily Dinsdale
- Colorado Bill Grants New Protections for Sex Workers - TCR Staff
- I'm A Queer Woman. Here's What Happened When I Tried To Hire A Female Sex Worker - Laura LeMoon
- Vallejo Police Department introduces ‘Report John’ platform to target sex buyers - Vacaville Reporter
- Sex Workers Hope Elon Musk Will Leave Them Alone on Twitter - Samantha Cole
- Photos and Stories from the Secret World of Strip Clubs - Zing Tsjeng
- Hundreds of reports of men claiming to be gardaí attacking sex workers - Aoife Moore
- Indigenous, racialized, LGBTQ groups and sex workers criticize online hate bill - Marie Woolf
- Police accused of ‘breaking law’ to target sex workers with ‘bullying and intimidating tactics’ - Maya Oppenheim
- Solidarity With These Strippers Who Dressed as Their Club's OSHA Violations on the Picket Line - Susan Rinkunas
- ‘A job is a job’ — Trafficking laws increase stigma for consensual sex workers - Kathleen Creedon
- Meet Aella: The Libertarian Rationalist Sex Worker Turned Data Scientist - Zach Weissmueller
- Pittsburgh artist investigates obstacles facing sex workers online - Bill O'Driscoll
- Portland Investor Seeking to Decriminalize Sex Work Gives Big to Progressive District Attorney Candidates - Nigel Jaquiss
- Sex work and fashion are more closely linked than you'd think - Gigi Fong
- Dominatrix claims DoorDash banned her over sex work: ‘It’s dehumanizing’ - Asia Grace
- Sex Workers Banned from Banks Turn to Crypto - Samantha Cole
- Has sex tech capitalism hijacked sexual liberation? - Quinn Rhodes
- Coming Out as a Sex Worker? - Jack Parker
- How anti-sex work laws are anti-LGBTQ - Jeremy Redlien
- Six Underrepresented, Unheard Voices In Australia’s Gendered Violence Problem - Jess Pullar
- 'We just want our rights': Sex industry activist to debut play 'Dominatrix on Trial' in Windsor - Chris Campbell
- Sex work reform backers prepare for another campaign - Thomas Kelsall
- Pregnant YouTuber Trisha Paytas has called out critics for 'sex-work shaming' after their OnlyFans photos received backlash - Carissa Cheong
- 'I only date men who visit sex workers - they're the best at relationships' - Samantha Bartlett