Better tour handling
Ever tried to set up tours that have some king of overlap and found that it only worked some of them time? Well that was really annoying us to and after one too many tickets where our wonderful support team had to explain how to work around the bug we decided it was time for this to go away. We also took the opportunity to update our documentation and be much clearer about what is and isn't an expected use of the tours feature, which you can check out of the Support Centre!
The TL;DR of tours is:
- Check out/check in dates can overlap (because that makes sense!)
- 2 nearby locations can fully overlap, such as New York and Newark in the States, or Brisbane and the Gold Coast in Australia, because it is reasonable to be covering both areas in cases like these.
- A reasonable number of unconfirmed tours are allowed, as long as they are clearly labelled. This ensures that you can test out locations before committing to the cost of a tour without causing city pages to be overwhelmed with lots of results that aren't intending to actually visit.
New this month
- Banners got a big update, making them look a lot nicer on modern high resolution displays. Check out your updated banner on the dashboard.
- Tryst now features local homepages! Check out the new homepage for Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United States, and the United Kingdom. We've only just started on this feature so there is loads to come yet, but carousels and categories on the home page now automatically scope to show relevant profiles in that country.
- Show profile visibility on the provider dash, making it easier for you to confirm that your profile is appearing in search as you expect it to. Check out the Support Centre to learn more about this feature.
- Show account security information on the dash, including whether multi-factor authentication is enabled and if the account password appears in breach lists.
- Updated our social media page to include our regional profiles. If the profile isn't listed on that page, it isn't an official Tryst profile.
- Improve description text for tours and photos, especially for new users. Tours validation is also improved and properly allows certain types of overlap. Check out our Support Centre article to learn more.
- Disable autocorrect options on login fields so that autocorrect stops trying to change captcha entries just as you hit enter.
- Improve the location database, leading to a much better locations overview page.
- Improved the performance of the recommended and similar profile carousels on profile pages.
- Add a link to home from the logo on the mobile profile page.
In the community
There's loads going on in the community and we want to highlight some things each month in our release notes to help bring more awareness to them. Are you involved in an event or organisation, or know of one, we should highlight? Reach out and let us know!
- BIPOC Adult Industry Collective are running multiple events from yoga to co-working.
- US Prostitutes Collective in collaboration with HIPS DC release a fantastic new resource: Know Your Rights: Protection, Justice, Compensation - For Sex Workers & Formerly Incarcerated People
- The Adult Performance Artists Guild (APAG) are encouraging sex workers to become part of the union and help tackle issues such as discrimination by platforms. You can also report an issue with OnlyFans, Instagram or other performer concerns.
- Juicy fundraiser by SWOP Brooklyn on August 15th - JUICY is a fundraiser benefitting the outreach program of SWOP Brooklyn.
- Scarlet Alliance is running a national STI survey to inform their next campaign. Australia only, closes 31st August.
- Global Alliance Against Traffic in Women’s Anti-Trafficking Review has issued a call for papers on the topics of Migration, Sexuality and Gender Identity - with a large focus on LGBTQ+ Sex Workers.
In the media
- Thread by Rep. Ro Khanna about the failings of FOSTA/SESTA
- The struggle to secure funding is real for pro-sex worker apps like Lips - Anna Iovine
- Everything you think you know about Backpage and the upcoming, Aug. 23 trial of its former owners is wrong—the government just told you so. - Stephen Lemons
- Trafficking Hysteria Harms Sex Workers - Lydia Caradonna
- Oregon sex workers advocate for decriminalization, in their own words - John Notarianni
- DecriminaLIES - Panel Discussion on the global effort to decriminalize adult consensual $exWork - Kaytlin Bailey, Savannah Sly, Maggie McNeill and Elisabeth Nolan Brown at Freedom Fest 2021.
- Face-to-Face, Street-Based, or in Cyberspace—We Are All Prostitutes - moses moon
- Actually, Porn Stars Don’t Want Kids Anywhere Near Their Videos - Cherie DeVille
- Life as a sex worker during COVID-19 - Sadaf Ahsan
- Where Fantasy Belongs: Carnal Media's Legrand Wolf Talks Taboo, Free Speech - JC Adams
- I Ditched My Banking Job to Be a Sex Worker - Madison Winter
- The Mental Health Residue of Sex Work - Graceysw
- Pineapple Support Connects 5K Performers to Mental Health Services - Dave Parkman
- The QAnon Conspiracy Theory Inevitably Turns On Evangelicals - Kyle Mantyla
- How Exodus Cry reinvented the white slavery moral panic for a modern age - Cathy Reisenwitz
- A Video Spreading Conspiracy Theories About a Satanic Sex-Trafficking Ring Is Going Viral - EJ Dickson
- An OnlyFans Creator Was Accused of ‘Pedobaiting.’ The Real Story Is More Complex - EJ Dickson
- Terms of Service: Inside Social Media's War on Sex Workers - Reina Sultan
- How Many Sexual Assault Reports Did The FBI Ignore Before Larry Nassar? - Danielle Campoamor