The sex work community has been particularly badly hit by COVID-19. We depend on contact and interaction for our livelihood. Prior to this crisis, sex work has been a social safety net for (chiefly woman and queer) people to support themselves.
Without free and easy access to safe sex work practices, many people are put further at risk. To safely get through this crisis, many workers are having to isolate and lose their income. This has unfortunately lead to a rise in workers falling into homelessness.
If you can afford to donate to any of the below COVID-19 relief funds, please do.
If you are running a COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund for Sex Workers and are not listed below, please get in touch via hello[at]tryst.link and we will add your page.
- Las Vegas - Las Vegas Sex Worker COVID19 Emergency Relief Fund
- New York City - SWOP Brooklyn COVID 19 Relief Fund
- DC - COVID19 Response Fund for sex workers in DC area
- LA - The SWOP Los Angeles Emergency Relief Fund
- Seattle - GLP SANI: sex-worker aid network initiative
- Texas - Emergency COVID19 Relief for Sex Workers in Austin
- Bay Area - Transgender District COVID-19 Relief Fund
- Bay Area - Bay Area Worker's Support (BAWS) Emergency Grants (To apply, click here)
- Portland - PDX S*x Worker COVID-19 Relief Fund
- US wide - Lysistrata Emergency Relief
- Toronto - Maggies Toronto Sex Worker Relief Fund
- Montreal - Mtl Rapid Response
- Canada wide - PACE Society’s Sex Worker Relief Fund
- Netherlands - Dutch COVID-19 Emergency Fund
- Ireland - Sex Workers Alliance Ireland Hardship fund
- Scotland - Emergency Fund For Sex Workers in Scotland for Umbrella Lane (SCIO)
- Berlin - Berlin Collective Action: Nightlife Emergency Fund
- Athens - Red Umbrella Athens, Positive Voice, and the Athens sex workers
- France - ACCEPTESS-T in France is providing financial support for transgender sex workers
We'd also like to say a massive thank you to the organizers of these relief funds. I don't think any of us could have enough gratitude towards the invaluable work that these organizations are doing.