The sex work community has been particularly badly hit by COVID-19. We depend on contact and interaction for our livelihood. Prior to this crisis, sex work has been a social safety net for (chiefly woman and queer) people to support themselves.
Without free and easy access to safe sex work practices, many people are put further at risk. To safely get through this crisis, many workers are having to isolate and lose their income. This has unfortunately lead to a rise in workers falling into homelessness.
If you can afford to donate to any of the below COVID-19 relief funds, please do. From July 10th to August 10th, we'll be matching donations of up to $100 in TLC (Tryst credits), made to any sex worker covid-19 relief fund.
How to take part:
If you'd like to donate and take part, please forward your donation receipt through to email@example.com. Please ensure the subject line of the email is "Covid Donation" and you've provided a link to your profile. We will be deleting these receipts at the end of August to ensure any information is kept private. We will be checking to ensure the receipts are unique.
These are some organisations we recommend donating to but please remember it is your responsibility to ensure you are well-informed and happy with the intended purposes of your donation.
If you are running a COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund for Sex Workers and are not listed below, please get in touch via hello[at]tryst.link and we will add your page.
- Chicago - SW Emergency Mutual Aid Fund
- Las Vegas - Las Vegas Sex Worker COVID19 Emergency Relief Fund
- New York City - SWOP Brooklyn COVID 19 Relief Fund
- DC - COVID19 Response Fund for sex workers in DC area
- Arizona - Emergency Covid19 Relief for Sex Workers in Tuscan
- Seattle - GLP SANI: sex-worker aid network initiative
- Texas - Emergency COVID19 Relief for Sex Workers in Austin
- Bay Area - Transgender District COVID-19 Relief Fund
- US wide - Lysistrata Emergency Relief
- US wide - Black Sex Worker Reparation Fund
- Toronto - Maggies Toronto Sex Worker Relief Fund
- Montreal - Mtl Rapid Response
- Canada wide - PACE Society’s Sex Worker Relief Fund
- Netherlands - Dutch COVID-19 Emergency Fund
- Ireland - Sex Workers Alliance Ireland Hardship fund
- Berlin - Berlin Collective Action: Nightlife Emergency Fund
- France - ACCEPTESS-T in France is providing financial support for transgender sex workers
- Berlin - BESD Emergency Fund
- Emergency Support Fund for Sex Workers in Australia (reached their goal but you can still donate via this link)
We'd also like to say a massive thank you to the organizers of these relief funds. I don't think any of us could have enough gratitude towards the invaluable work that these organizations are doing.